Colour outside the lines.

It's been a year since I quit my job at a well established corporate firm. The learning was undoubtedly good, and so was the monotony. Staying within the confines of my safe space, the world seemed nice and rosy, till I mustered up the courage to resign from the monotony. It was quite the draconian step in my world. 

The first few weeks were set on me scheduling every activity and giving myself a regime to follow. The pandemic led lockdown added to my misery, only to learn I had time in abundance with nothing productive to do.

The scene drifted slowly from an extremely productive day to lazing around.

I was hooked onto every possible game on my phone (honestly, I still can't get over a few). A couple of weeks into this, is when I assume I hit my rock bottom. This was when I started to question every decision I've taken in life. After days of low, I decided to go with the flow. I've made peace with myself to be colouring outside the lines, pursuing things which I've been most passionate or intrigued about. 

Now, don't ask me how I accomplished this, to each his/her/their own. 

On one of those chaotic, unsettling days, you will figure it out on your own, even if it isn't the entire movie, you'll at least find your snippet. There's no one rule set in stone, as to how you go about this low, but you'll figure it out. 
Not in an order of preference, but these are a few of my favourite things since I stopped playing it safe:

1. Thankful mostly for all the time I was able to spend with my dad, which on a normal working day would've been relatively lesser. 
2. Took up some serious baking and stopped once I thought I had baked a cake to MY PERFECTION.
3. Watched a lot of food vlogs, enjoyed cooking like never before. 
4. Started writing, and at the moment that's the only way I connect with memories of my Dad. 
5. Assisted a friend in a video shoot for an ad. It's one hell of a thing to be behind the scenes.
6. Managed a trip to Goa, Jaipur and Mahabalipuram. I don't need you to be critical on the safety aspect of it as much as I appreciate the concern. :)
7. Started blogging for a friend and I am currently picking up on SEO blogging.
8. Splurged money on paints and brushes at Itsy Bitsy, and I've fairly been impressed with the outcomes of all the bottle art I pulled off. 
9. Volunteered to serve meals to immigrants who were stranded because of the lockdown. 
10. Learned that the only pain my body can't take as of today is freaking tooth ache - worst experience ever. 

I intend to add more to this list, because there's no stopping. A mental note to self: I'm everything but not what I've always wanted to be, and yet very content and happy with myself- because it was my choice and mine alone, to colour outside the lines. This also doesn't mean that I'm never going back to the monotony, I will, but at my own pace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appa and Coping with his absence.

F*CK! A series of unfortunate events.

Elegance and Sarees - My love for 9 yards of fabric.